Certificate III in Hospitality
Are you a born ‘people person’ or maybe you love assisting people in having a great time? If so, use it to your advantage. The Certificate III in Hospitality can help you to develop universal skills and knowledge which could send you on your way to your dream career. You have the option of learning about food and beverage, accommodation, or gaming, or mix it up. From working in hotels and restaurants to ‘cruising’ the Caribbean, you are only limited by your imagination. The hospitality industry has endless opportunities and with it being one of the biggest industries across the world, there is no telling where it could take you!
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Espresso Coffee Machine Operator
- Function Attendant
- Restaurant or Function Host
To achieve a Certificate III in Hospitality 15 units must be completed including 7 core units and 8 elective units.
BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages *
SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee *
SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage*
SITHGAM001 Provide responsible gambling services
SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions
SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
To successfully complete SITHIND004 36 work shifts must be completed.
* Prerequisite is SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
Course Duration / Method of Delivery
The Certificate III in Hospitality is delivered over 12 weeks. In order to provide flexible options, students can choose one of the following delivery options:
- Classroom environment: Suitable for unemployed students. Content is delivered with weekly classroom sessions at the Gold Coast and Toowoomba campuses.
- Flexible delivery: Self-paced learning with one-on-one contact with a trainer
Certificate 3 Guarantee Program
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program is funded by the Queensland Government to give eligible individuals a government subsidy toward the training costs for a range of Certificate level III qualifications.
Aurora Training Institute is a Pre-Qualified Supplier under this program for the delivery of this Certificate III qualification.
As you can only access the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy once, it is important that you consider and compare your training options and ensure they align with your chosen career pathway.
Every student that completes or discontinues a Certificate 3 Guarantee course must complete a Student Training and Employment Survey within 3 months.
Student Contribution Fee
The Student Contribution Fee under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program is $15. This fee represents the total cost to the student to enrol, undertake training and be awarded the qualification.
To be eligible to enrol in the Certificate 3 Guarantee program, you must:
- Be aged 15 years or above and;
- Be no longer at school and;
- Be a Queensland resident permanently residing in Queensland i.e. an Australia Citizen or permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen
- Not have previously completed or currently be enrolled in a Certificate III level qualification (or higher)
* Certificate III Qualifications completed at secondary school are not counted
Contact us Today
Call or email us and enrol today!
1300 936 864 or email@example.com
Or fill out the enquiry form on the side and we will contact you.