Higher Level Skills
The Higher Level Skills program provides eligible individuals with access to a subsidised training place in selected certificate IV level and above qualifications or priority skill sets.
The aim is to assist individuals to gain the higher level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in priority industries or to transition to university.
Aurora Training Institute currently offers the following courses to eligible students* under the higher level skills QLD Government funded program:
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services (including case management specialization)
- SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
- BSB42515 Certificate IV in Small Business Management
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills program, individuals must:
- Be aged 15 years or over
- Be no longer at school
- Permanently resided in Australia
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- Not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
- To be eligible to complete the Certificate IV in Small Business Management, individuals must be a business owner, manager or employee of a small business*
- To be eligible to complete the Diploma of Community Services, individuals must be an existing worker in the Community Services industry
*Small Business is a business that operates for all or part of the income year, has an aggregated turnover less than $10 million and employ less than 20 people.
Under our Higher Level Skills program, we require students to start off their studies with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). RPL is based on a student’s previous and existing Industry knowledge and evidence of this Industry knowledge. During the RPL process your trainer will establish how many units you will be able to RPL and how many units they will provide gap training to you.
|CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services||$80.00||$15.00|
|SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management||$140.00||$15.00|
|BSB42515 Certificate IV in Small Business Management||$50.00||$15.00|
For further information on the program, including concessional information visit this site