Higher Level Skills
The Higher Level Skills program provides eligible individuals with access to a subsidised training place in selected Certificate IV level and above qualifications or priority skill sets.
The aim is to assist individuals to gain the higher level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in priority industries or to transition to university.
Aurora Training Institute currently offers the following courses to eligible students* under the Higher Level Skills QLD Government funded program:
CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services (including case management specialisation)
CHD43115 – Certificate IV in Disability
SIT50416 – Diploma of Hospitality Management
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills program, individuals must:
- Be aged 15 years or over
- Be no longer at school
- Permanently reside in Australia
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- Not hold, and not be enrolled in, a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
- To be eligible to complete the CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services, individuals must be an existing worker in the Community Services industry
- To be eligible to complete the CHC43115 – Certificate IV in Disability, individuals must hold a Certificate III in Individual Support and be an existing working in the Disability industry sector (this includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants
The CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services and SIT50416 – Diploma of Hospitality Management are level five courses under the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF). As such they require students to have, or to develop, specialised knowledge and skills for skilled/paraprofessional work and/or further learning.
To recognise this high-level requirement, two entry pathways into the qualification are available:
Higher Level Skills through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
This pathway is available to eligible existing workers and/or practitioners who can demonstrate pre-existing skills, knowledge and experience gained through working and learning in this field of employment. During the RPL process your trainer will establish how many units you will be able to RPL and how many units they will provide gap training to you.
Higher Level Skills Fees – Diplomas
|CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services||$320.00 ($20 per unit)||$80.00 ($5 per unit)|
|SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management||$560.00 ($20 per unit)||$140.00 ($5 per unit)|
For further information on the program, including concessional information visit https://training.qld.gov.au/providers/funded/higher-level-skills
This pathway is for new industry entrants requiring intensive instruction and tuition in the subject area. Flexible payment options are available.
All applicants for the CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services and SIT50416 – Diploma of Hospitality Management will be pre-assessed by our training professionals to determine which of these pathways best suits their needs. Contact us for more information.
Higher Level Skills – Certificate IV qualifications
|CHC43115 – Certificate IV in Disability||$70.00 ($5 per unit)||$42.00 ($3 per unit)|
Higher Level Skills – Skill Set Fees
|CHCSS00097 Individual Support – Ageing skill set||$20.00 ($5 per unit)||$8.00 ($2 per unit)|
|CHCSS00098 Individual Support – Disability skill set||$15.00 ($5 per unit)||$6.00 ($2 per unit)|