As a Skills Assure Supplier we have approval for the JobTrainer Fund from 21st January 2021 and are able to offer our eligible students the following qualifications and short courses under this funding:
- CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support*
- CHC32015 – Certificate III in Community Services
- SIT20116 – Certificate II in Tourism
- SIT20416 – Certificate II in Kitchen Operations*
1. SIT20316 – Certificate II in Hospitality – Food Service*
Includes 6 units only:
- BSBWOR203 – Work effectively with others
- SITHIND002 – Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND003 – Use hospitality skills effectively^
- SITXCCS003 – Interact with customers
- SITXCOM002 – Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXWHS001 – Participate in safe work practices
^ students are required to complete 12 service periods
* Work placement is required as part of this course, see Course Overview for more information.
What are the costs involved?
If eligible for the JobTrainer Fund, these courses are fee-free and no co-contribution fees are applicable.
To be eligible to enrol in a training place funded under the JobTrainer Fund, prospective students must:
- permanently reside in Queensland; and
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen; and
- have finished school or no longer be at school (including home schooled); and
- not be enrolled in training (includes vocational education and training (VET) and higher education courses); and
- not have previously completed a qualification funded under the JobTrainer Fund; and
- either be a (i) Job seeker OR (ii) School leaver/Young person as defined below:
i. Job seeker means an individual aged 15 years or older who is:
- out of work; or
- in receipt of income support payments.
ii. School leaver or young person means an individual who is aged 17 to 24 years, regardless of employment status.
JobTrainer is a jointly funded initiative of the Australian and state and territory governments.
Further information and factsheets regarding JobTrainer can be accessed via www.desbt.qld.gov.au/jobtrainer
Students can only access one funded training place to complete an eligible qualification under the JobTrainer Fund. Students may be able to undertake more than one ’short course’ (skill set) funded through the JobTrainer Fund, depending on any eligibility requirements for the short course, but cannot be enrolled in more than one subsidised short course or qualification at a time.